We try our best to ensure that our products make it to you safe and sound. However, in the unlikely event that something is received damaged, it’s helpful if you can please snap a photo and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to be delighted and satisfied with your purchase therefore, we will try our best to ensure complete satisfaction. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- We have a 100% Customer Satisfaction Policy. Products can be returned within two weeks of receipt of shipment for a refund on the cost of goods (less shipping charges and applicable restock fee), if returned intact. Similarly, all returns must be received by us within 15 business days to qualify for a refund.
Please note that the following products are non-returnable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable:
- All sample products (smallest SKU size of the product, ie. 5 ml or 15 ml Essential Oil)
- Products on final sale or liquidation,
- All unsealed organic products.
- All subjective returns (where there has been no mistake on the part of OCS) will be assessed a 20% restocking fee, or a minimum of $10, whichever is greater.
- Returns authorized beyond the two-week period will be assessed a 30% restocking fee, or a minimum of $10, whichever is greater.
- If an error has been made by OCS on a written order, we will gladly pay for re-shipment. All errors arising from miscommunication on verbal orders will be the sole responsibility of the customer and they will be accountable for return freight. Please submit orders in writing whenever possible.
- All product returns require an authorization number. This R.A number must be clearly marked on the outside of the box. Boxes without this number may be refused at the cost of the shipper.
- All Canadian returns are to be sent to our Canmore Warehouse for assessment. The statement ‘Goods Returning to Manufacturer’ must be stated on all packages. All returns must be shipped by ground Postal Service. If returned by any other shipping method, customers will be responsible for any surplus charges.
- All subjective returns must be returned unused and in it’s original packaging within 15 days. Due to storage conditions being outside of our control, there will be no exceptions to this policy. And since storage conditions are outside of our control, our retained samples will serve as the benchmark for quality related issues. In other words, if the retained samples have no quality issues, no returns will be considered after the 15-day period. If the returned merchandise is not received by us or if it is damaged, we are unable to issue a refund or credit. There is no refund on return freight.
- If the cost of a returned item is $5 or less, a credit will be applied to the customer’s account. There will be no refund or replacement for that product.
- Refunds or credits for any reason can take up to 2 weeks to process, depending upon the volume of returns. From the date you receive our credit memo by email, refunds may take up to 8-10 business days for your financial institution to process before appearing on your statement.
- Refunds will be processed in the manner in which the order was paid. We require VOID cheque to credit the account if order is paid by E-Transfer, Direct Deposit, ACH, or Wire Transfer.
- You may place your order on-line, or by phone at 1-403-678-9942.
- We update our website on a monthly Due to the volatile nature of the essential oils market, our price commitment is limited to the date on which the order was placed.
- At all times, prices are effective on the date of your order only. Discounts or coupons that were not valid on the date of your order, cannot be applied.
- There is a $300 minimum opening wholesale order, a reorder NO Minimum Order Policy.
- Any orders over $5,000.00 must be paid by Wire Transfer, Certified Cheque or Direct Deposit. Payment via E-Mail Transfer will only be accepted for orders up to $3000.00.
- Customers placing a first-time order over $500, with different billing and shipping address, using a Credit Card payment method, are required to fill out a Credit Card Authorization form, and send back a copy of the completed and signed form. This form is automatically sent to the customer by automated e-mail.
- Customers placing a first-time personal order over $100, using Credit Card or Paypal payment method, must have the same billing and shipping address.
- Please ensure that all orders are accurate prior to finalizing and submitting them online.
- Once an order has been confirmed we will not accept any additions or deletions.
- All orders must be checked immediately upon receipt so that any discrepancies may be addressed. In the event of an error, a photograph of the product with its label and lot number clearly showing should be immediately sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order number.
- Pick-up orders are on a pre-paid basis only.
- Customers will receive an e-mail confirmation of the date and time for pick-up once the order is ready.
- Exchanges and refund are not possible on the spot.
- Orders must be picked up within 15 Business days after pick up confirmation e-mail sent to the customer, otherwise Order will be cancelled with $10 OR 20% restock fee whichever is greater if not picked up within time frame.
Loyalty Discounts & Coupons
- Only one coupon will be accepted per order per household.
- Coupons and special promotions can only be applied to orders made on the dates during which the coupon is in effect.
- From time to time, we run special promotions on select products for limited periods of time. This could be based on various reasons including bulk discounts that we negotiated with our vendors or clearance discounts on discontinued items.
- Please note that when Special Promotions discounts are in conjunction with any other discount, the maximum of all applicable promotions and discounts shall not exceed 10%.
- All orders are prepaid; payments will be taken before an order is processed, packed, and shipped.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Pay Pal, Certified Cheque, Money Order, Direct Bank Transfer, E-mail Transfer and Wire Transfer. We do not accept prepaid credit cards.
Note: Wire Transfers must be made WITHOUT COST TO THE BENEFICIARY.
For Direct Deposit Payments, customers are encouraged to email us a copy of the confirmation of payment to email@example.com.
- All credit card orders with a subtotal of $500.00 or more or having a different bill-to and ship-to address, will require an authorization form to be filled out, signed and returned by the card holder.
- We accept credit card for payments up to $5,000.00. Orders over $5,000.00 must be paid by Wire Transfer, Certified Cheque, Direct Deposit or EFT(Electronic Funds Transfer) only.
- Our default shipping agent is Canpar and Canada Post.
- Due to high Canpar surcharges for certain rural areas, which are not reflected in the online shipping quote, O’Canada Soapworks has the right to change the courier for your order to Canada Post OR Fed Ex.
- In all cases we pass on our heavily discounted rates to you, our customer. We do not operate our Shipping Department as a profit-making center. Please note that your shipping cost is calculated online with integrated shipping modules, using annual negotiated discounted rates. These online shipping quotes are estimates based on weight and volume calculations. We reserve the right to change the shipping charges, but if this occurs, you will be contacted for approval before your order is processed.
- Orders are shipped from our central warehouse in Canmore, Alberta, Canada. We currently ship by ground courier to all provinces in Canada.
- O’Canada Soapworks takes no responsibility for any losses, damages or delays that may occur. Similarly, we must be notified should additional insurance be required. Without notification we ship products without insurance. Please note that transporters often do not heat their trucks in winter, nor refrigerate them in summer. This will not harm the integrity of the product. Simply leave the product at room temperature for 24 hours before opening. Occasionally, stirring the product before use will be required to regain its consistency.
- Additional Charges: If you call the carrier to re-direct your parcel to another address, or if your address is input incorrectly or missing information, and requires the carrier to update the information, there will be a charge of between $10 and $15 (add per box) that will be billed to the customer.
- Alternative shipping methods are available on request; however, we take no responsibility for shipping that is arranged by our customers.
This includes the following:
- Customers using their own shipping account.
- Customers using their own courier.
- Customers arranging for a third party to facilitate shipping.
Should a customer decide to handle their own shipping arrangements, we require that a WAIVER be signed. This ensures that we are not held responsible for any shipping issue outside of our control; similarly, in the event that we receive a shipping related invoice under these conditions, it will authorize us to process the customer’s credit card.
Please note that in all instances where payment is required, a copy of the invoice will be forwarded with receipt for payment.
- Hand Sanitizers are classified as Hazardous Goods when shipped by air. Because of this only ground shipments are available for essential oils. Express shipments (Air) are available for the rest of the products.
- We notify our customers for out-of-stock items. If we do not hear back from them within 2 business days, their orders will be shipped as-is and the balance will be refunded to them by the original method of payment. Out-of-stock items are NOT automatically shipped later when the stock is replenished but must be reordered at that time. Regular ordering policies will apply.
- For environmental reasons, packing slips will not be shipped with any order. Customers are encouraged to use a copy of the emailed invoice as a packing slip instead.
- O’Canada Soapworks will not be held responsible for refunding the cost of freight for Expedited or Express shipments or on any orders that are delayed for reasons outside of our control.
All the taxes are based on shipping address.
As of July 1st, 2010, no company in Ontario will be tax exempt.
Customers in provinces that participate in HST will be charged their respective rates:
- New Brunswick – 15%
- Newfoundland & Labrador – 15%
- Nova Scotia – 15%
- Ontario – 13%
- Prince Edward Island – 15%
Customers in provinces that do not participate in HST will only be charged 5% GST – Alberta, BC, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan & Yukon.
Starting September 2019; orders shipped to Quebec, GST 5% and QST 9.975% will be charged unless QST No. is provided to waive the QST.
Customers who are picking up orders must pay Ontario’s 13% HST even if they are not from Ontario. The taxes will be charged when the orders is processed.
Orders are usually processed within three (3) hours of submission, though the actual amount of time will vary depending upon the season. Orders placed on the weekend may be processed before regular office hours on the Monday morning. All orders cancelled after they have been filled at the production facility will be charged a 20% restocking fee.
Customers With Disability
At O’Canada Soapworks we believe that treating all people with individual respect and courtesy is the core of excellent Customer Service. To ensure this, active steps have been taken to accommodate the needs of customers with disabilities by offering accessible services and facilities that provide equal opportunities without discrimination. We place a lot of importance on this.
Here are a few steps that we have put in place to ensure that:
All our Customer Service agents have been trained to communicate effectively, and to provide assistance to treat people with disabilities and treat them with the utmost respect and consideration.
The manner in which we communicate, from the moment a customer steps in, clearly demonstrates the importance we place on serving all customers equally. A person’s special needs are respected and taken into consideration when communicating with them.
SERVICE ANIMALS AND SUPPORT PEOPLE
We welcome our customers who are in need of support people and guide dogs or other service animals.
Designated parking spots for the disabled are reserved for the exclusive use of those who have the Accessible Parking Permit displayed on the dashboard of the car.
We welcome our customers to use their own personal assistive devices such as wheelchairs and walkers. Our facility is suitably equipped.
WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE WASHROOMS
We welcome customers who would need the use of a wheelchair-accessible washroom. Our facility is suitably equipped.
Documents required by the Customer Service Standard are available upon request.
TEMPORARY INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES
If at any point in time, we are temporarily unable to offer these special services to assist customers with disabilities, we will provide advance notice of this interruption.
If you feel that these standards have not been maintained, please let us know by calling us at 1-403-678-9942 or you contact us by mail at:
101-17 Limestone Valley Road
Dead Man’s Flats, AB T1W 2W4
NDA legal Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Use
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING ANY PRODUCT FROM O’CANADA SOAPWORKS INC. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS.
Limitations of Liability
The information available on this website is provided on an “AS IS” basis by O’Canada Soapworks Inc. henceforth referred to as “OCS Inc.” and the websites www.ocanadasoapworks.com will be referred to as the “website”.
Advice, statements, or opinions should not be relied upon when making important personal, medical, legal, or financial decisions; nor do we accept any liability connected with the use of the information contained in this website. You should consult a professional to obtain specific advice appropriate to your circumstances. By using this website, you accept ALL terms of this User Agreement and understand that your use of this website is at your sole risk. This User Agreement and any disputes or claims related in any way to your use of the website shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Alberta as well as Canadian Federal Law.
You agree to hold harmless OCS Inc., its affiliates, and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) and third party partners from and against any and all losses, injuries, damages, claims, or otherwise arising as a consequence of using or misusing the information or services provided by OCS Inc. OCS Inc shall not be liable for any damages, including damages for business interruption or lost revenue, even if OCS Inc. has been informed of the possibility of such loss or damage in advance.
If there is a default or delay in OCS Inc.’s performance of its obligations, and the default or delay is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of OCS Inc. including fire, flood, earthquake, elements of nature, acts of God, epidemic, pandemic, explosion, failure of the public power grid, third party caused damage to network infrastructure (e.g. cable cut), war, terrorism, revolution, civil insurrection, government decree, unlawful acts, civil commotion, cyber terrorism/warfare, acts of public enemies, law, order, regulation, ordinance or requirement of any government or legal body having jurisdiction, or labour unrest such as strikes, slowdowns, picketing or boycotts, acts of nature, and all force majeure events, then OCS Inc. shall not be liable for that default or delay, and shall be excused from further performance of the affected obligations on a day-to-day basis, if OCS Inc. uses commercially reasonable efforts to expeditiously remove the causes of such default or delay in its performance.
Customers should purchase products from OCS Inc. with a clear understanding that they are not intended and should not be used as a substitute to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any illness or disease. The information provided is obtained from current and reliable sources but makes no representation as to its comprehensiveness or accuracy. Product information, and descriptions presented are for educational purposes only. It does not cover all possible uses, precautions, side effects and interactions. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition, and should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. It is the responsibility of the customer to consult an appropriate health professional for medical advice, diagnosis, or therapy. Under no circumstance should these products be likened to drug products prescribed for the treatment of specific ailments.
Manufacturers purchasing products from OCS Inc. should avoid making any statements and claims that are false or misleading concerning OCS Inc.’s products. You must also comply with all laws, state, provincial and federal, regarding any statements made. As with any manufacturing process, OCS Inc. requires that Customers conduct small lab scale testing of purchased products to determine their suitability and efficacy prior to full commercial manufacturing. OCS Inc. under any circumstances shall not be held liable for any losses resulting from failure to do so. The Customer is solely responsible for determining the suitability of using the product that they purchase as well as conducting appropriate research and full independent testing of the product, including to ensure compliance with all applicable local, national, or international laws and regulations related to the usage, safety, labelling, selling, and distribution of finished products. By using the information and/or products offered by OCS Inc., you agree that OCS Inc. will not be held liable for any issues, claims, complaints, or losses of any kind related to any finished product made or sold using our materials.
In no event shall OCS Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special and exemplary damages, or any damages whatsoever, arising from the use or performance of this website or from any information, services or products obtained through this website, even if OCS Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with the website, or do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, your only course of action is to cease the use of this website.
Use of Site
Harassment in any manner or form, or the use of abusive or obscene language on the website, including via e-mail, social media or public comments is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including a OCS Inc. or other licensed employee, host, or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the website is strictly prohibited. You may not upload, distribute, or otherwise publish through the website any content which is: abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, obscene, threatening or otherwise objectionable, that may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the website or use the website to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
If you provide information to the website, you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself. You also agree to maintain and update such information as appropriate. If you use OCS Inc. service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
In the event that an OCS Inc. product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price or description, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price. OCS Inc. reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, OCS Inc. shall issue a refund to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
The Customer assumes responsibility for any missed discounts, for any reason, due to price changes that may occur irrespective of the time duration.
OCS Inc. shall not be liable for any technical inaccuracies, typographical errors or graphical distortions of the products listed and technical and regulatory documents posted. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the website. OCS Inc. may make improvements and/or changes in the information, graphic(s), products(s) and / or program(s) described or displayed on this website at any time.
OCS Inc. may not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the website and are not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the website, OCS Inc. is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the website.
However, OCS Inc. reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be:
- Abusive, defamatory or obscene.
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading.
- In violation of a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of another, or
- Offensive or otherwise unacceptable to OCS Inc. in its sole discretion.
In addition, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify OCS Inc. for all claims resulting from content you supply. Please note, users giving product or business opportunity testimonials on this website reflect the actual experience of each individual, are anecdotal only, and may be atypical.
The content included on this website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States, Canadian and international copyright laws, and is the property of OCS Inc. and other third-party services. The compilation of all content made available on the website is protected by Copyright 2015, OCS Inc. unless otherwise specified. All rights reserved.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos used on the site are the trademarks or registered trademarks of OCS Inc. and its affiliates. All other trademarks not owned by OCS Inc. or its affiliates that appear in any OCS Inc. service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with or connected to OCS Inc. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the site, in whole or in part, unless authorized, to do so.
Permission is hereby granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of placing an order or purchasing products with OCS Inc. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the website solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order or purchase products with OCS Inc.
Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display, or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by OCS Inc. You agree to inform OCS Inc. immediately if you have knowledge of any prior or current infringements or violations of all OCS Inc.’s intellectual property rights. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the website.
OCS Inc. provides the information, materials and products listed on this website “AS IS” and without any representations or warranties of any kind. All warranties whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of property rights, and quality of any products described on site are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Although we intend to take all reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses and other harmful material, we do not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted, error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes the website available are free of viruses or other potentially harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss, including loss of data such as personal information and credit card information, resulting from your use of this website. OCS Inc. does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials on this website in terms of correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, and reliability or otherwise. OCS Inc. further does not make any warranties or representations regarding the availability or convenience of the services provided by the website.
OCS Inc. also does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, and utility of information appearing on the website that has been supplied by third parties. OCS Inc. shall not accept any liability or responsibility for consequences that may arise due to the usage of such third-party content.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless OCS Inc., its affiliates, and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) and third party partners from and against all claims, losses, injuries, damages, and costs (including attorney’s fees) or other expenses resulting from the use of this website and/or our services as well as any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the website using your Internet account. In the event of such a claim, you agree to allow OCS Inc. to defend the claim. If we make a claim for indemnification, you agree to seek and receive written permission from us before agreeing to settle or negotiate any claim or action. Please note this provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement and remain in full force and effect.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, OCS Inc. may provide links to websites operated by third parties. OCS Inc. has no control over third party websites, even if the third party is affiliated to OCS Inc. All the websites are owned and operated independently of OCS Inc. and have their own separate privacy and data collection policies. OCS Inc. accepts no responsibility or liability for the independent actions or policies of the third-party websites and is not responsible for the content or practices of such websites. These websites are only for your convenience and OCS Inc. does not make any warranties regarding the accuracy, completeness, or reliability for the information contained in any linked third-party site; therefore, you may access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, OCS Inc. seeks to protect the integrity of its website and the links placed on it, and therefore requests any feedback on not only its own website, but for websites it links to as well (including when a specific link does not work). In addition, OCS Inc. should not be held liable for links to any page within the website or other website content from any website or web page that makes claims as to the curative or health enhancing powers of any substance, whether or not such substance is produced, marketed, sold, or distributed by OCS Inc.
You agree that the responsibility of complying with all relevant and applicable laws and statutes lies with you. Using OCS Inc.’s website and services serves as confirmation that you are complying, and will comply with, all applicable laws, ordinances, or regulations of local, state, federal, and international governments related to your business and/or use of all information, products, and services offered by OCS Inc.
The terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the website and/or completing the registration or shopping process. The terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by OCS Inc. without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademarks, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
OCS Inc. reserves the rights at any time to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with its most current version. Any enhancements, additions, or modifications to the contents on the website will be subject to this Agreement.
OCS Inc. may deliver notices to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the website, or by other reliable methods to the address you have provided regarding any changes to this Agreement.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The terms and conditions and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario, Canada without regard to its conflicts of law principles, and not by the 1980 U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You agree that jurisdiction over, and venue in, any legal action or proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this website (including but not limited to the purchase of OCS Inc. products) shall be brought solely in the Federal or Provincial courts of competent jurisdiction sitting in Ontario, Canada and; you expressly submit to the jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with OCS Inc. is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence. Failure of OCS Inc. to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless OCS Inc. and its officers, employees, representatives & agents from and against any and all losses, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or in connection from any claim or suit arising from the reliance on any information that OCS Inc. provides.
Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the website (including but not limited to the purchase of OCS Inc. products) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. OCS Inc.’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. OCS Inc. may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.